INFILTRATOR WING

COM/RA Terran/CRS Ren 

The Crash

By Gary Cavitt 

"I am ready to relieve you, Sir," said Lt. Iberra, "May I have a situation report and where is the COM?"

"He is in his cabin sir, he will be back on the bridge in time to make our docking with the Daedalus. Maintain this course and speed. The rest of the Fleet is waiting for us near Nav buoy 2876-D, except the Roxy and the Formidable. they took their squadrons for a little target practice on a Rebel Garrison. They will joining up on us when they finish."

"You are relieved Sir." <SALUTE>

"I stand relieved Sir." <SALUTE> "Oh, and Bobby let the COM and WC sleep for as long as you can, hopefully they won't be needed on the bridge or we have to scramble the birds. They are really beat after planning and leading the last mission."

" Hey, get out of here yourself. You look about ready to drop on your feet. Go on, I haven't ran into anything yet."

"Ok. See you."

"I'll take care of the REN. I will drive her just like one of the big Aircraft Carriers I used to Con when I was in my planet's maritime Navy. Nothing to worry about. Okay?"

Wow, I got the bridge of the Renegade. Someday maybe I will have command of my own ship. 'COM Iberra to the Bridge please', or, 'COM Iberra leading his WING into battle, ah but just a dream.'

"Sir, the Roxanna and Formidable have arrived. They will be forming up to starboard. They report that one rebel garrison is now nothing but scattered atoms. We will drop out of hyper-space in 5 minutes, we plan on coming out at 25 k from the Daedalus , the Roxy and the For will continue on patrol, we are to await further orders from the FC."

" Very well, sound the hyper-alarm, DROP US OUT OF HYPER-SPACE, STATION THE DOCKING WATCH."

" I have a very well trained crew here," mused Iberra, " Commodore Terran must be very proud of all of us. I always wondered why he drilled us so hard."

"SIR, DROPPING OUT OF HYPER-SPACE,NOW." the brief moment of dis-orientation hit the Lt., but was over as soon as it began.

"ENGINE ROOM TO BRIDGE", crackled the intership com, "FUSION DAMPENING FIELD IS STILL ON-LINE!!! WE CAN'T STOP".

"VENT THE REACTION FIELDS, DISTANCE FROM THE PLATFORM. SHIELDS FULL FORWARD. FORWARD THRUSTERS-FIRE!!!." Oh boy, I think I am in over my head, thought Lt. Iberra, "WARN THE DAEDALUS THAT WE ARE COMING IN HOT."

"DAEDALUS THIS IS RENEGADE, REPULSERS BEAMS ON US NOW, REPEAT RIGHT NOW. IS THE FC OVER THERE. WARN HIM THAT WE MIGHT HAVE TO INTERRUPT HIS LUNCH."

"Sir, we are only 17 K from the Dal, orders, Sir."

"Engine room report to the bridge, what's going on down there. Mr. Turmansky-come in please."

"Ah, sir we have the fields down but we are still doing 5 'MGLT', we can't stop sir."

"FULL THRUSTERS TO PORT. TRACTOR BEAMS TO PUSH AGAINST THE DAL. PUT OUR FIGHTERS TO USING THEIR TRACTOR BEAMS ON US. ENGINE ROOM I WANT A FULL *SCRAM* ON THE REACTORS. PITCH THRUSTERS-FLIP US. DISTANCE TO THE PLAT."

"We are 9 K Sir, the FC wants to know if we are performing a training maneuver, says he hasn't seen anything like since his Academy days. Wants to know if this is something they taught us in the Alliance.."

"Tell the FC to go to H........, Inform the GA that we have a slight problem, and it would be advisable to depart the PLAT immediately. THRUSTERS, FLIP US TAIL-FIRST TOWARDS THE PLAT. IF THEY GET SCORCHED, TO BAD. DISTANCE NOW PLEASE."

"Coming up on 4 K, we are tail first now, Sir."

"Engines , fire for 1 minute, then flip us back Head-first toward the PLAT. Aim for the docking bay, please."

"Engine room to bridge, engines off-line now sir."

we are 1 k from PLAT, speed is still 1 'MGLT' but coming down but barely."

"FORWARD THRUSTERS FIRE NOW, 100% KEEP FIRING UNTIL ORDERED TO STOP."

"Approaching docking moorings."

"Thrusters off, please."

"Docking clamps are engaged, we are docked."

"ATTENTION ON DECK, REAR ADMIRAL TERRAN ON THE BRIDGE."

"Good morning Lt. Iberra, Are we here Already. Any trouble?"

"Well ah Sir.'

"No problems, Good, just think Lt. Iberra, someday you might get to be COM of one of these babies"

*****CRASH*****

"Lt? Lt? LT??? Is Mr. Iberra sick, he seems to have passed-out. Lt? Lt?? 

REAR ADMIRAL TERRAN RELEASES ALL 3 MISSIONS FOR THE FIRST IW BATTLE (TOD)! 

Attached to this Newsletter are the first 3 missions of the Welcome IW Battle (TOD)... 

This a a set of 3 missions in which you are a pilot in the Infiltrator Wing of the Emperor's

Hammer. You are a Rebel defector and you now fly Rebel ships for the Empire and destroy all rebel enemies of the Emperor's hammer. 

In Mission-1 you must ID all Capital ships and destroy all rebel fighters 

Mission-2--The rebels counter attack your ship the CRS Renegade. You must defend her, and she must survive. 

Mission-3---You must destroy the Rebel Fleet that you ID'ed in the first mission. Kill every rebel ship. 

Good Luck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------