Due to the confusing names of some missions attached to this Newsletter, the Fleet
Commander has renamed the original mission files. This action was necessary to allow
the Fleet Commander to attach all new missions to the Newsletter submission to AOL in
one *.zip file. Consequently, a brief summary is presented below for your convenience:

MISSION						CURRENT		       			OLD FILE
DESCRIPTION					NAME	                		NAME
REPLACE

CAB 2 / Stage I  /  Mission 1			aur1-1.tie                              b1m1fm.tie                   
CAB 2 / Stage II  / Mission 1			aur2-1.tie                              b2m1fw.tie
CAB 2 / Stage II  / Mission 2			aur2-2.tie                              b2m2bw.tie
CAB 2 / Stage III / Mission 1			aur3-1.tie                              b3m1bm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage III / Mission 2a		        aur3-2a.tie                             b3m2bm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage III / Mission 2b		        aur3-2b.tie           	                b3m3fm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage III / Mission 3			aur3-3.tie             	                b3m4gm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage III / Mission 4			aur3-4.tie                  	        b3m5bm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage III / Mission 5			aur3-5.tie              	        b3m6gm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage IV / Mission 1a	                aur4-1a.tie          	                b4m1fm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage IV / Mission 1b		        aur4-1b.tie          	                b4m2bm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage IV / Mission 1c		        aur4-1c.tie                             b4m3bm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage IV / Mission 2a		        aur4-2a.tie                             b4m4im.tie
CAB 2 / Stage IV / Mission 2b		        aur4-2b.tie                             b4m5gm.tie
CAB 2 / Stage IV / Mission 2c		        aur4-2c.tie                             b5m1iw.tie
CAB 2 / Stage IV / Mission 2d		        aur4-2d.tie                             b5m2gw.tie
CAB 2 / Stage IV / Mission 2e		        aur4-2e.tie                             b5m3gw.tie
CAB 2/  IW Stage I/ Mission 1                   max4.x$i & max4.b$f                     N/A
CAB 2/  IW Stage I/ Mission 2                   max5.x$i & max5.b$f                     N/A
CAB 2/  IW Stage I/ Mission 3                   satlit1.x$i & satlit1.b$f               N/A
CAB 2/  IW Stage I/ Mission 4                   waistem.x$i & waistem.b$f               N/A
CAB2 / Stage IV / Mission 4a			aur4-4a.tie                             b6m1aw.tie
CAB2 / Stage IV / Mission 4b	            	aur4-4b.tie                             b6m2aw.tie
CAB2 / Stage V / Mission 1			aur5-1.tie                              b7m1am.tie

Any Members with questions on "bugs" in any of the missions, comments, inaccuracies,
etc. are encouraged to contact the Tactical Officer, AD Tav B or the Fleet Commander, GA Ronin...For
questions on using the new and complicated Aurora Battle Missions, contact RBKugel.

Fleet Commander's Note: 

The following was forwarded by VA Melan Pyr on

renaming the missions in the Aurora CAB:

These ARE the originals... they were all developed as New Missions. I didn't

USE existing missions , and they can be renamed as anything. Initially they

were all tested and compiled as b1m1fm.tie. To proof them, I've only used

them in batches of 3 or 6 while testing so I've only renamed them from

b1m1fm.tie to b1m6gm.tie. (In other words I can't swear that b2m***.tie will

work)

Pyr 

GLITCHES, FIXES, AND ADDITIONS 

Stage 2 Mission 2: AUR2-2.TIE

GLITCH: Mission wouldn't end unless secondary missions were

complete. Primary goals would be recognized but mission was

reported as 'Failure' in debriefing.

FIX: Changed goals to only Primary and Bonus.

Stage 3 Mission 1: AUR3-1.TIE

GLITCH: spelling error in Officers Briefing; "adv cno missiles"

FIX: corrected spelling error

ADDITONAL: Hints in Briefing added

Stage 3 Mission 2A & 2B: AUR3-2A.TIE & AUR3-2B.TIE

GLITCH: missiles seems to veer away from X-Wings

FIX: ?

GLITCH: spelling error in Officers Briefing: "misiles"

FIX: corrected spelling error

ADDITONAL: Hints in Briefing added

Stage 3 Mission 4: AUR3-4.TIE

GLITCH: ATR Injury attacks the FAC while boarding it

FIX: ?

There is also a general tendency for the enemy capital ships to begin

attacking one another. I have determined that this is due to them

responding to stray fire. This can happen when they are too close

together. However, this has fit neatly into the plot, so I wasn't

inclined to 'fix' this.

PLAYING NEW EH MISSIONS:

There has been much confusion regarding copying and playing mission files. Briefly,
these files must be directly copied to your c:\tie\mission subdirectory. However, BE
CAUTIONED...you MUST backup your originals files currently in the c:\tie\mission
subdirectory or they will be copied over and lost...This is due to the fact that all new
missions will have one of the same names as the original missions (apparently, edited
missions can only replace the named missions in the original TIE Fighter Game).

Fleet Members MUST manually rename the mission files to the "Old File Name" listed
above and copy into the c:\tie\mission subdirectory for proper use (REMEMBER...
Backup ALL original files prior to copying new mission files into the c:\tie\mission
subdirectory!!!
). Members are encouraged to utilize a rigid subdirectory system rather
than continually renaming mission files in order to play the new missions more easily and
effectively...

ALL Members are notified that General Lucas/MarkFlux (CMDR/GN Lucas/Beta-
1/SSD Avr) has been faithfully updated his mission launcher (hammer.bat) files in
recent newsletters. Members who don't have the time to manage a complex directory
structure are advised to use the batch files...

If you have any questions, comments or recomendations for this section, please feel free

to contact Admiral Briel`lya (AD Tav B).

Sincerely,

Admrial Tav Briel`lya

TACT/AD Briel`lya/CF-3/SSD Avenger