DARK BROTHERHOOD
OF THE JEDI

The Dark Brotherhood of the Jedi is dedicated to the collection of knowledge and the pursuit of power, both through government and the military.

The Grand Master, Paladin
(Portrait, The Herald, Melan Pyr)

A word from the Grand Master....

Brother Knights, Apprentices, and Imperial Officers... I wish to thank you all for the measure of help that you have given to me in the last month and a half during the change of command and the ensuing measure of Chaos. The Brotherhood has, I hope, grown stronger through that time. Now, an even greater push awaits us...

The apparatus of change is in place, and the new administration of the Dark Brotherhood is secure. We have given ourselves the chance to find our finest hour in the coming years. However, the council and I have done as much as we can alone. Now it is up to you to bring the Brotherhood to its fullest potential.

For the Dark Brotherhood to become what it deserves to be, YOU, the membership, must become involved. I would urge the following:

-FA Stelek is attempting to orgainze a SIM for the EH. Contact him and offer your help... This is worthwhile, and all members should get involved.

-Send stories, documents, pics, etc. to me for use in the NL. It's hard to fill up this section with the ideas of only a few individuals... No one will be turned away.

-If anyone out there has Heretic, Doom, or TIE missions that the DB could use, submit them...

-Do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to GET INVOLVED.

Brothers, this is all that I ask of you. If everyone does a little something, then the Brotherhood will grow and prosper.

Paladin, Grand Master of the Brotherhood

-Roster- Check the FO section of the Newsletter. The roster will no longer be posted here. 

-Promotions- Adept Havok is promoted to Master. Check the roster for other

promotions. 

-Awards- To The Council (Except GA Ronin and Myself)- The Silver Star of the Empire.

To the Grand Admiral, the attached letter of commendation 

-SA-Is now open. All new Apprentices will be contacted by MAA Havok regarding enrollment.

FLEET COMMANDER's (HEAD MASTER's) NOTE: 

TDPBBS and BrentSims have completed their training in the ways of the Dark Side at the Shadow Academy and have graduated the Shadow Academy with the Dark Brotherhood Rank of Guardian... 

In addition, Grand Master Paladin has been promoted to the Rank of Fleet Admiral in the Emperor's Hammer for his contributions to the Dark Bortherhood...Congratulations...! 

Head Master GA Ronin

FC/GA Ronin/CS-1/SSD Avr 

Shadow Academy opened in Aurora Sector!!! 

The Shadow Academy and its requirements are also presented in the EH Dark Side Compendium....

Shadow Academy Banner
(Photo: Created by RBKugel, 1995)

APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING

The Shadow Academy will teach the Apprentice (i.e. new Dark Jedi) in the Ways of the Dark Side. Following receipt and approval of a completed Application, the Apprentice will be introduced into the Dark Brotherhood and given copies of the Dark Side Compendium and other important training documents.

Graduates of the Shadow Academy will be granted higher Dark Brotherhood Ranks for their efforts. Krath graduates become Protectors and Sith Graduates become Guardians. This essenitally is equivalent to 5 and 6 months, respectively, of time-in-grade. Thus, graduates of the Shadow Academy have much to gain by attendance.

The Shadow Academy is located on the moon of Eos, in the Aurora System.

Krath Training: Non-Emperor's Hammer Members.

Promotion to Protector & Krath Appointment (3 Weeks)

STAGE I (Week 1) - Emperor's Hammer Fleet Training

The Apprentice will be expected to be familiar with the Emperor's Hammer Training Manual and the Fleet Manual. The Apprentice will then be knowledgable in the organization of the entire Fleet in which the Dark Brotherhood is a part.

STAGE II (Week 2) - Dark Brotherhood Training

The Apprentice nows begins his/her Training in the Ways of the Dark Side. The Apprentice is expected to be familiar with this Dark Side Compendium.

STAGE III (Week 3) - Grand Master's Evaluation

The final stage of the Apprentice's basic Dark brotherhood Training is a Test personally administered by the Grand Master. For members of the Order of the Krath, a written submission must be forwarded to the Grand Master for posting in the subsequent Newsletter. This submission may be in the form of an article or story (i.e. like a "thesis"). At the discretion of the MAA, a short written test may also be administered.

Sith Training: Emperor's Hammer Members

Promotion to Guardian & Sith Appointment (2 Weeks)

STAGE I (Week 1) - Dark Brotherhood Training

The Apprentice nows begins his/her Training in the Ways of the Dark Side. The Apprentice is expected to be familiar with the Dark Side Compendium.

STAGE II (Week 2) - Grand Master's Evaluation

The final stage of the Apprentice's basic Dark brotherhood Training is a Test personally administered by the Grand Master. For members of the order of the Sith, there will be a written test administered, as well as possible skill assessment through the use of a randomly selected EH mission.

Dark Side Compendium Released!!!

The Dark Side Compendium was released with Newsletter No. 25 and it is recomended that ALL members become familiar with this document. I wish to commend GA Ronin on his excellent work, as well as CEOBillP for the Icons and RB Kugel for the many illustrations which we were able to include.

In the Service of the Emperor,

Grand Master Jedgar Paladin

Robes of the Brotherhood

Submitted by RBKugel, 1995

Like any other military organization, the DB has a distictive dress. The specifications of this dress code are detailed in this document for the aide of all members.

The Grand Master: The uniform of the GM is unique, and many of its features are limited to the GM only. As a matter of preference, the GM does not wear his council medallion.

Formal (DB) Uniform: For all DB events (the elevation of a council members, SA Graduation, etc.) the GM wears his formal robes. These consist of a hooded cloak, trimmed in gold, and a jet black Jedi Robe. The Grand Master also carries a Light Saber with a scarlet blade, and a staff of ebony. Onlt the GM and the Council are permitted to wear the hood of the cloak up at DB events.

Formal (EH) Uniform: For formal EH events, the GM wears a standard Admiral's uniform, buttoned to the neck. He also dons a standard (untrimmed) cloak. He once again carries his lightsaber and Staff. The Epulets of his uniform are Scarlet, as are the pant stripes.

Standard Uniform: For Standard wear, the GM once again wears a standard Imperal Navy Uniform, however, in contrast to other naval officers, his uniform is black (normally restricted to ISB officers). He wears the Standard Cloak, as well as his DB insigna. A sidearm and lightsaber are also standard parts of the uniform.

The Council Members: The Members are the dark council wear similar uniforms, showing their equality.

Formal (DB) Uniform: Uniforms are the same as that of the Grand Master, with the Exception of the Gold Trim, which is purple, and the color of the Lightsaber blade, which is personal choice. Also, the use of a staff is restricted to the GM.

Formal (EH) Uniform: Uniform is determined by rank and position within the EH, however. the members are entitled to wear their medallion, cloak,and lightsaber, as well as DB Rank Insignia..

Standard Uniform: Uniform is determined by rank and position within the EH, however. the members are entitled to wear their cloak and lightsaber.

Other Ranks: The Uniforms of other ranks are very similar, but the following conventions are in effect.

Cloak: A Cloak can be worn with STANDARD uniform by and member over the rank of

Adept. A Cloak is worn at Formal DB Occasions by all members over the rank of

Protector (members under the rank of Knight wear a white cloak).

Lightsaber: The carring of a lightsaber is restricted to those who have achived the rank of

Dark Jedi Knight.

Jedi Robes: Adept: Black with plain black cloak

Warrior/Priest: Black w/ black cloak and dark blue trim

Dark Knight: Black w/ black cloak, white trim

Jedi Hunter: Black w/ one white stripe (around cuff)

Guardian: Black w/ two white stripes

Protector: Black w/ three white stripes

Acolyte: White with two black stripes

Novice: White w/ one balck stripe

Apprentice: All White