BOUNTY HUNTERS' GUILD

BOUNTY HUNTER'S GUILD MISSION NO. 5 POSTED!!!

CLUE #1

"Gomtha," Jac Cotelin called to his partner. "Take this prisioner to the interrogation chambers....I'll be along soon." Gomtha pulled out his blaster and gestured for the prisioner to head out of the hangar.

"Rough day Jac?" Conte Resian said as he walked up behind Jac.

"Hey Cont. Not real bad. Just your normal Cantina fights. Seems like the only thing pilots have to do lately is get drunk and rip each other's heads off." Jac shrugged. Jac Cotelin was the Security Officer of the Emperor's Hammer. He had made countless arrests in the last few days and was glad to be getting some time away from the job...even if he was going to be spending it with the scum of the galaxy....the Bounty Hunters. Jac had taken the job to get a change in his daily schedule, and to help out the GA a bit. He knew Ronin was too busy to work with the BHG. He also took this job to get some of his own work done. After this mission he will be sending the BHG off to find some fugitives for him. "Hey, does anyone here know where the BHG shuttle i-..." Jac paused as an Assault Shuttle landed 2 meters away. Boy did he feel stupid. "Nevermind."

Walking over to the shuttle Jac watched as the Hunters filed out. They were all carrying mass equipment....something which he did not understand. They were safe aboard the Avenger. Why carry all the weapons? "Welcome Hunters. I know you want to get to work so I'll make it short. Please follow me." Jac led them in to a small conference room that had a round table in the center. There were just enough chairs for the Hunters, Jac, and Conte. Jac sat down at the end of the table with Conte next to him. He gestured for everyone to sit.

"Where's Ronin?" A masked hunter asked "He said he'd be runnin our missions."

"You can't always expect the GA to run your missions. He's a very busy man. I've taken over as the BHG Mission Coordinator."

"Yeah, well we're busy men too so why don't you start feeding us the info."

"Okay, first off. This is Conte." Conte stood so they could tell who he was. "Conte is going to help you with your mission along the way. He is an expert at what he does s-."

"Listen, we don't care about this...kid...all we want to know is what we have to do to get the money!" The same masked hunter said. Jac was just about to pull out his blaster and shoot the bastard, but he did have a point.

"Fine. Have it your way. But while your on this ship you are under my command, you will listen to what i have to say, AND YOU WILL BE QUIET! GOT IT?" Jac was suprised that he could yell so loud. "Good. Now then. The man you are after's name is Sergey. He is a Rebel leader so he will be fairly easy to find. But do expect the enexpected. I have talked with Sergey a few times and know that he will have a few tricks up his sleeve. We are going to pay 1.5 million IC to the first hunter who brings Sergey back ALIVE! All we know is that right know is that he is on a cruise ship headed to an unknown

destination. His coordinates are on the datachips in front of you. Conte has informed me that he will know where Sergey is headed shortly. Now go back to the Ivanhoe. Good luck hunters." Jac watched as the hunters left the room. He relaxed a bit. "Conte you should get going....Conte? Conte?" He was already gone.

"JAC!" Jac's comlink blared out suddenly.

"What?"

"There's another fight in the Cantina. We've counted one dead so far and three more have pulled their blasters!"

"I'll be there right away." With that Jac ran out the door.

DATACHIP

10725 83562

"Hunter" Conte's voice sounded rough "Go to the above coordinates. I'll meet you there on day 2 (today - 12/6/95 is DAY 0). If Sergey is leaving, we have to find out where he's going. Be there." The sound stopped and the Bounty Hunter prepared to jump to light speed

To ALL BHG members:

Go to the EH Bounty Hunter's Guild message folder in FSRC>Organizations on

Tuesday, December 7th (DAY 2) for the second clue.

BOUNTY HUNTER'S GUILD MISSION NO. 4 COMPLETED!!!

Tanetal173 won the prize for Mission No. 4 and was appointed the new GMSTR of the Guild upon the mysterious disappearance of the former GMSTR, Boba Fetts...

CLUE #1

::Grand Admiral Ronin...Report to the nearest COMM terminal..!::

Ronin had just returned from the graduation ceremony of GN Whysper and BG Klip from Dark Brotherhood Shadow Academy when he heard the notice. He drew his robe close as he headed to the nearest COMM station through the darkened lower levels of the Super Star Destroyer. The Grand Admiral was on patrol...The environmental controls on the SSD Avenger were under constant repair. Apparently, the construction of the SSD had been rushed a bit much. The Fleet engineers were always tinkering and repairing the various redundant systems on the massive 8 kilometer long Star Destroyer. With only four ships of this size in existence, it was an engineering marvel to have just constructed them, let alone maintain one. Ronin would have to remember to dedicate more repair crews to bring the SSD up to his expectations.

::Ronin here, Shawshank:: Ronin responded to the Communications Officer...

:: Sir, COMPNOR team 43 reporting in as ordered...Shall I secure the channel...?::

::Yes, Shawshank...But I'll take it here...::

:: As you wish, Sir...Sabacc at 10 in your Ready Room, as usual..?::

::You bet...you can't keep winning forever...! And tell the rest of the Command Squad...It's time someone else lost their credits to you:: Ronin chuckled as the COMM's face was already being obscured by the anonymous Imperial operative. COMPNOR didn't want anyone knowing the identities of their CompForce personnel, even Grand Admirals...

The agent's face was hidden in dark shadow as he continued...

::Grand Admiral, as you requested, our CompForce agents have tracked down the whereabouts of each member of the Auroran High Council. Apparently, they have spread to each of the continents and most are still in hiding, even after your recent speech in the Council Chamber. However, through our new SAGroup Auroran recruits, we have learned that four of the Twelve Council members have agreed to meet in the city of Land's Bridge in 14 standard Imperial days. As you had surmised, these four council members are the most "resistant" to the Imperial presence in this System. I have talked with my superiors on the Deadalus and they concur that an incursion by several discreet Bounty Hunters could significantly alter the balance of power (and sway opinions) in the High Council...::

::I agree...transmit the planetary geodetic coordinates, as per the COMM procedures previously agreed upon by the Select Committee and I will convene the Hunters...::

Ronin sensed the COMPNOR agent was eager to end this covert communication. He may be under surveillance...The Aurorans were technologically inferior. However, they had an uncanny cleverness and resourcefulness which could not be underestimated...

CLUE #2

The Bounty Hunters have gathered in the Conference Room aboard the Star Galleon Ivanhoe. Although not nearly as large as the one on the Avenger, it would serve its purpose. The Grand Admiral began to speak, his Honor Guard and Members of Omega Squadron close at hand, with so many mercenaries present...

::Hunter's...I hope you have all enjoyed your involuntary "vacation" during the recent Battle to take the Aurora System. But as you can see, the Hammer has been successful. As such, we once again require your services...If you will all review your data pads, you will see the mission objectives, rules of engagement and specifications outlined in detail...::

Ronin invited the ISB Liason Officer, General Johann Kane, to join him at the podium...Kane began to outline the primary mission objectives...

::"Gentlemen"...As you can see, the Primary Target for this mission will be one Udan Denestra. As the senior member of the High Council, his word carries great weight. He must be "neutralized" as his opinions have swayed many Aurorans to incite rebellion against the Hammer. COMPNOR operatives will have a much easier job at influencing the native population if these dissenting voices can be silenced...A Bounty of 3,000,000 ICs is herein posted for the elimination of Udan Denestra...However, you have ONE Rule of Engagement to adhere to in this mission: You MUST not be captured by the Auroran Civilian Police Forces. Although you would not remain in custody for long, the information you carry in your tiny brains could set us back months in our attempts to incoporate the Aurorans into the Empire as a fully contributing Member...Any Hunter revealing their identity will be summarily transferred over to the Dark Brotherhood Shadow Academy for Dark Jedi Training practice...::

A perceptible chill ran through the Conference Room...

::I have only the following lead from the Imperial Security Bureau to aid you in your mission...You may inquire of a barkeep by the name of Belias in the Raving See Queen tavern in the city of Land's Bridge, planetside....Belias has recently been recruited into the COMPNOR SAGroup and should prove most willing to provide information (for a price!) since he has ambitions to fly a TIE Fighter...someday...

A meeting with Belias can be arranged through a COMPNOR operative by the name of Mystique7, a COMPNOR CompForce Special Operative in 3 days (DAY 3) in one of the the AOL FSRC Organizations Folders...Internet Bounty Hunters can contact attempt to contact Mystique7@aol.com via e-mail at that time as well...Mystique7 will provide the location of the next Mission Clue in her posts...

Good luck, Hunters...!::

The meeting shortly broke up as the Hunters, eager for the first posted EH Prize in over a month, left for their ships to make preparations...A noticeable frenzy overtook the crew of the Ivanhoe as all hands on board scrambled to get the Hunters, their ships and equipment in order for the upcoming mission...The Hunters tended to spend their life in the Ivanhoe Cantina and most of their hard-earned bounties on ship improvements, women, spice or alcohol....Not necessarily in that order...

Ronin and his staff promptly returned to the Avenger...He hoped he had made the right decision to unleash the Hunters on an unsuspecting Auroran populace...They were not very organized or gracious but the Hunters that have signed up with the Hammer are a cruelly efficient lot...

CLUE #3

The COMPNOR offices on board the PLT Daedalus were scrambling with activity.

Not so much as a whisper of rebellion, discontent or traitorous activity for

months and now the whole COMPNOR office on the PLT is overwhelmed. After

all, keeping track of 50 COMPNOR teams on the planet Aurora was no easy task.

The COMPNOR communications personell were keeping a close watch on each

CompForce team's position and communications. Recon droids had been scouring

the surface for weeks, tracking down the 12 members of the Auroran High

Council. They had all be found.

The communications from Team #43 were especially important to the Fleet

Commander. They had tracked down the location of Udan Denestra to the city

of Land's Bridge which serves as a central trading center for the two major

Auroran continents. Denestra had gone into deep hiding and the locals

weren't being helpful. They still had a bitter distaste for the Empire

despite the intense youth recruiting programs and hard work of the COMPNOR

Sub Adult (SA) Groups.

The following memo was encoded for distribution to the bounty hunters

approved for the termination of Udan Denestra, Senior Member of the Auroran

High Council, as received on November 6, 1995:

::Mystique7 reporting in::Mystique7 reporting in::PLT Daedalus, you read

me?::

::Go ahead, darlin', this is Kane. What is your SITREP?::

::Mystique7 reporting "the egg is still under the wing"...cover intact::

::Excellent! Any luck finding Belias and the Raving Sea Queen? The Fleet

Commander and the Guild are getting anxious!::

::Yes, tell them look for a post on the bulletin board at the Raving Sea

Queen (i.e. one of the FSRC organizations area message boards) 3 days from

now (DAY 6 - November 12, 1995). I will have talked to Belias by then and

extracted the information we need on the location of Denestra. Unfortunately,

he will only talk to me. In this manner, the Hunters can review the post at

their leisure. The poster will be a COMPNOR SAGroup recruiting poster with

an Imperial code reference to an Auroran Library System (ALS) reference

number written at its base. Interfacing any Imperial authorized personal

datapad by the Hunters (i.e. getting CLUE #3)into the ALS will transmit the

required location coordinates for Usdan Denestradirectly to the Hunter

without having to restablish communications with the Fleet::

::Someone approaches, I must go. Remeber, 3 days. Wish the Hunters luck.

We need Denestra out of the picture...FAST!::

::Ok, Mystique, stay frosty. Kane out.::

General Johann Kane hoped she would be alright. She was the best CompForce

operative they had in this system or in the entire Fleet for that matter.

::Duty Officer, General Kane here. Ready my shuttle for my meeting with the

Fleet Commander on the Avenger. I have important news.::

CLUE #4

The Hunter enters the Raving Sea Queen. Land's Bridge wasn't the most attractive city in the Galaxy. The city relied heavily on trade between the two major continents of Aurora. Being a cross-roads, the city was dirty with the filth of trade. Despite the recent Imperial occupation of Aurora, its markets and plazas remained almost untouched. As such, the Raving Sea Queen was one of the more popular gathering places of the young Aurorans. Alcohol was plentiful and the Aurorans recent conquest and total subjugation of this system brought many dissenters to drink.

The Hunter had one purpose when he entered the Sea Queen. He was looking for Mystique7's recruitment poster. There! In the back of the tavern. It's colors smeared with dried liquor and its text covered with graffiti. Apparently, the natives weren't too appreciative of its message:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A LARGER CHALLENGE AWAITS! AURORA - JOIN THE IMPERIAL NAVY AND DISCOVER THE GALAXY!

-Recruitment Poster (posted by COMPNOR SubAdult Group 14-c)

TIE Defenders of Alpha Squadron...
(Sculptor Constellation "cartwheel" Galaxy in the background)
(Photo: Compiled/Created by ScotP, 1995)

The following was taken from Star Wars, the Role Playing Game, West End Games/LucasFilm, 1987, pp. 38-39:

"You're looking for a challenge. One that can prepare you for anything. Where you can work with the best and discover strengths you didn't even know you had. You'll find all that and more in the Imperial Navy.

ONLY THE BEST

The Navy is not for anyone. Only the best meet the stringent entry requirements - even fewer pass the intensive physical and mental challenge of basic training. You'll have to be tough, brave, loyal and prove yourself worthy. If you have these qualities then you're made of the stuff we're looking for.

EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES

The Imperial Navy offers a wide variety of excellent career opportunities. If you qualify, you can train in the fields of navigation, engineering, medicine, computers and more. The Navy also offers pilot training in both large and small spacecraft.

If you enlist for five years or more and have the necessary leadership qualities, you may be eligible for Officers' Candicacy Training: a privileged opportunity to join the Navy's elite. Imagine yourself commanding a strategic outpost, a TIE fighter squadron, or even a mighty Star Destroyer! The potential for rapid advancement is only limited by your ambition, skill and loyalty.

ADVENTURE

Life in the Navy is full of adventure. You'll have an unequalled opportunity to broaden your horizons. During your tour of duty you will visit many exotic worlds and meet many interesting people.

Wherever you go, you will be admired and respected, because you are one of the best - one of the guardians of order and justice in the galaxy - one of the valiant men of the Imperial Navy.

JOIN TODAY

Across the galaxy, millions of gallant men are defending our great Empire from evil enemies who oppose law and order. Do you have the courage to answer the Empire's call and join them in this noble crusade? If you've got what it takes to be part of the most powerful military force in the galaxy, contact the Imperial Navy Screening Officer at your local recruitment office. Do it today - and meet the greatest challenge of your life!

THE IMPERIAL NAVY - A PROUD ALLEGIANCE"

ALS #65-rrc-098

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hunter reached under his cloak and retrieved his DataPad to link to the Auroran Library System, as Mystique7 had directed. His advanced COM-link easily penetrated the primitive Auroan Library System world link computers. He entered the ALS Code <#65-rrc-098>.

The wait was unbearable. Despite the advanced Imperial technology in his com-link circuitry, the ALS system was primitive and sluggish in comparison. The Auroran youths in the tavern had noticed the Hunter. As a small group of 4 or 5 of the leather clad toughs approached, the Hunter simply turned and revealed his Quadrra-6y Blaster Carbine. They quickly returned to their seats and resumed their hushed conversations. Slugthrowers and projectiles comprised the extent of the Auroran weapons technology, his weapon was obviously Imperial and they were wise to leave the Hunter alone. The Hunter proceeded to a secluded booth to receive the message from Mystique7.

<wrrrrr...grind...kkkrrk...beep..beep> The DataPad issued an audible alarm to signal completion of its data search. A message from Mystique7 appeared. It was short, but told him all he needed to know.

::Hunter, proceed to Imperial GIS coordinates 568986-736543 - There you will find the current residence of Udan Denstra. His termination is your Primary Target for this Mission::

The Hunter quickly exiting the Raving Sea Queen, careful to not let the barkeep identify him.

<All Bounty Hunters: To receive the first Secondary Prize of Mission #4, e-mail the above Auroran Library System (ALS) code to the Fleet Commander @ GA Ronin. The Prize is 500,000 Imperial Credits ----Mystique7 out ---->

Proceed to the residence of Udan Denstra and terminate his miserable existence <do so by returning to this message board in 4 days (DAY 10, November 14, 1995)>

Mystique7

CLUE #5

The Hunter approached the stately manor house set in the suburbs of Land's Bridge. High hedge rows and ancient trees dotted this portion of the city left almost untouched by the recent Imperial occupation. Udan Denstra was the owner of the manor house...

Imperial GIS coordinates 568986-736543, that was the location related by Mystique7 to the Hunter in the Raving Sea Queen. His thoughts begin to drift. He had to plan this "termination" to be quick, quiet and deadly. He'd be able to accomodate all but the quiet part. The Hunter hoped the Fleet Commander would still pay his contract, even if the job was a little "untidy". A typical day in a bounty hunter's career. The Hunter had established his target's schedule down to the minute and had spent the last several days on "stake out" (tirelessly reviewing observation droid data).

He had brought to Aurora his trademark weapon, the Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator. At 2,000 ICs each (10 times that in heavily patrolled systems on the black market!), they were not cheap. But their baradium explosives had the power to penetrate 2 meters of permacite at a 5 meter radius. The Hunter thought, "10 should do the trick". The Hunter wasn't planning to leave any witnesses either. An evil grin came across his face as he began to set the magnetic couplers and remote control.

Denestra had retired for the evening, after a long dinner party on the other side of Land's Bridge. Now, he slept and the Hunter began to lay his charges. Security had been almost non-existent. No surveillance equipment and the one guard at the grounds gate was easily dispatched with the butt of his Quadrra-6y Blaster Carbine. Apparently, the Aurorans actually bought that line of crap during the Fleet Commander's speech and never increased

security around their High Council. A poor decision on their part, the Hunter thought as he laid the last of the thermal detonators on the southwest side of the structure, adjacent to a main structural support beam, just for insurance.

15 minutes later, the Hunter was leaving the Land's Bridge spaceport for his return to the Fleet to claim his prize. But first, he wished to witness his handiwork. From an altitude of 10,000 meters, the Hunter activated his remote unit and detonated the explosives. The explosion, which surely would have razed 2-3 city blocksand have been seen for several kilometers, was barely a brief spark on his monitor, but he knew he had been successful. The Prize would be his, he thought as he flew towards the SSD Avenger.

<The first Emperor's Hammer Bounty Hunter to e-mail the Fleet Commander with the following will be awarded the Prize:

::Merr-Sonn::

Mystique7....>