INFILTRATOR WING

The newly approved Uniform Template for the Infiltrator Wing...
(Photo: Created by RA Anakin, 1995)

COM-IW/FA Renegade/CRS Desp

"THE RENEGADE TWIST"

By "Pappy" Renegade (ADM Rene@AOL.Com) COM\IW

" ATTENTION ON DECK--ADMIRAL RENEGADE IS ON THE BRIDGE," cried young Lt. Orm The MC80 Cruiser Despot's Officer-of-the-Deck as he overlooked the cockpit of the Infiltrator Wing's (IW) Flagship.

"Good morning Lt., report please," replied Fleet Admiral Renegade, the oldest Admiral in the Fleet. " Has GA Ronin given us a time to Hyper-out."

"Sir, we are due to depart at 1347 hours. The Insidious will be 10 minutes behind us. All squadrons report at strength and are ready to launch at a moments notice."

" VA Crandall is at the Daedalus checking on new recruits and will be bringing 2 aboard. LG Rojas is in Sickbay, it seems that his R4 astro-droid ran over his toe. He reports he is alright, the Doctor is reporting that Sickbay is not the same since the General got there. He released the General back to duty. His toe will be sore for awhile."

"Tell the LG that I would like to see him as soon as he can hobble to the Bridge," chuckled "Pappy" as his troops affectionately called FA Renegade. "Oh, send the Medical Officer my condolences. The General is not to fond of having to be off duty for even a moment."

"Admiral, we have a Class Delta communication coming in, for Your Eyes Only Sir." said Lt. Jarn the COMM officer. "Delta is a COMM Sat. in position near the Catriney system. We are monitoring Rebel fleet activity on the fourth planet. There has been quite a bit. Intelligence feels that the Rebels are mounting an offensive in the sector. We are keeping an eye on them."

"Son, we all know that Military Intelligence is a contradiction in terms, but keep an eye on Delta anyway, send me hourly reports, but I don't think the Rebels are planning anything in the Catriney system. They are just making a feint to draw us off of our real target. Send the message to my personal PC. Carry-on gentlemen."

"Aye Aye Sir," they both courused in unison.

"Morning Admiral," said LG Rojas, hobbling up to the Admiral. "Reporting for duty." A slight grimace of pain showed on the General's face, but he was quick to mask it.

'Kick a Rancor?" asked Pappy, a slight smile on his face. " Or did your droid get mad at you. That will teach you to leave him in his socket next time you go off duty."

"Ah Sir, I left him to take care of some computer problems on the ship, I completely forgot all about him while I was catching up on some very important paperwork."

" How much DID you lose in that Sabacc game?"

" About 134 credit...............How did you know, Sir. "

" Come-on Rojas, I have done the same thing myself, In fact I lost my whole fighter once, we were doing maintenance on the landing repulsor units when I went to place a bet on the Speeder races. I got back in time to see my ship float out of the Hanger Deck. I forgot to turn off the repulsor. Our FC almost had my head over that one. "

" I was just a flight cadet at the time and GA Ronin was making an inspection tour at the time. How did I know that the shuttle my ship almost hit was his. He was a AD at the time. I was with VA Thrawn at the time. Thrawn stood behind me or the FC would have executed me on the spot."

"Tell the CMDR's that I want a briefing with them at 1500 hours and set up a sub-space patch to the Insidious. I want General DarkJedi and Shadow in on this."

" Yessir," replied Rojas as he painstakingly shuffled off.

" Oh, you might want to stay off that foot as much as possible. Sore feet can be a bummer." said FA Renegade. Who had lost both of his feet in a long ago battle when he was flying for his Planet's Defense Forces.

Utilizing his personal Repulsor unit to replace his missing legs and handholds, placed in the corridors of the ship for his mobility, he pulled himself to his office just aft of the Bridge.

" Admiral, this is Chief Engineer Lo'mere. I need to replace those power reverters on the shields. Can I have the time I need to work on them."

"No Chief we have to hyper-out in a couple of hours. You can work on them while we are in hyper-space."

"But, Sir."

"Chief, Your main job right now is to see that the candles are lit on this Bucket of Bolts, so we can depart on time. Carry on Chief and be ready to answer engine signals at 1345 hours. How is our Number 2 engine acting. The inverters still acting up."

" No Sir, purring like a kitten., we will be ready down here."

"ADMIRAL RENEGADE TO THE BRIDGE, ADMIRAL RENEGADE TO THE BRIDGE," announced the inter-com.

"What is it Lt. Orm."

"Sir we are in danger of being rammmmmmm..........." as a loud hollow boom sounded and the Despot shivered and shuddered.

"BRIDGE, WHAT WAS THAT?" " Ah Sir, we just got rammed by a civilian freighter that dropped out of hyper-space almost on top of us. We had no time to react until he was upon us."

"Get me a damage report, where is that Freighter now,and who is on flight duty? I want them to launch immediately and check our damage." Where did that snake hit us at?"

"Report coming in now Admiral, we lost our top sensor array and our top-side turbo-lasers, we are losing atmosphere to space at a steady rate and there is a large hole where cargo-bay 14 used to be. Good news though, we had no causalities. We were lucky, we weren't hurt more, we didn't have our shields up but the freighter did."

"Despot this is Vulture-2, GN Lace reporting, the DES has a hole in it on top half way down, all antennas are gone and there is no sensor pods left. It did a number on us."

"Okay, Lace, you and Brie go out 50 klicks and keep an eye out. You are our eyes now. Shadow will relieve you in a few minutes.

" Sure Daddy," piped up GN Brie. "Sis and I will take care of it," muffling a snicker.

Oh lord, thought the FA, I have told them never to call me Dad on duty. They take after their mother. Very head strong but was a very good pilot and they are taking after her. I just hope they are alive to receive their Medal of Honor when they get it from a grateful Empire. (Their mother GN FoxyRoxy was the first Medal of Honor winner in the EH. It was awarded posthumously. The ESC Roxy was named in her honor.)

"COMM, get me the Insidious, tell BG DarkJedi to get the Insidious out on picket duty. ROJAS, launch all fighters, in case this was a deliberate attempt by the enemy to cripple us. They may come in force if that FRT is working with them and got a message off. I want the fighters to form a defensive perimeter around us."

"I want that idiot Pilot ID'ed and and I want that FRT disabled. The Rennie is to board that JUNK and a scanning crew is to go over it with a fine toothed comb. Then bring the Captain to my ready-room, in chains."

"Send a message to the FC and explain the situation to him. We won't be making a flight today."

"Admiral, message coming in from the AVENGER, they are on the way to help out. They were monitoring us when it happened. The FC has been notified. He is coming through now."

"PAPPY, what he heck happened over there. I can fly my Guardian through that hole in you.. I want that Captain as soon as you are through with him. But, I want him ALIVE !"

"Aye aye, Sir, but I can't guarantee what shape he will be in.."

"Understood Pappy, but ALIVE."

" Yes-sir, understood." Dang-it we can't ever have any fun, mused Pappy.

"DESPOT, WE'VE GOT COMPANY, 3 SQUADS OF X-WINGS DROPPING IN," an excited GN Brie reported in.

" TWO SQUADS OF B'S NOW DROPPING IN, they are headed for the DES."

"Beta Squadron reporting for duty. Where do you want us, Adm. Renegade."

"Sensors are back on line now, Shield at 99%, more fighters are coming from the MC80 that hypered in. A-wings are engaging Raven. Delta is on their way to help out. Looks like a real fur-ball out there Sir."

" Get those darn B-wings, Tau, you’re closer to them than we are. All ship's crew will stand by to repel boarders. Lt. Orm, please turn my ship so that the damage is away from the attacking force. All lasers and Turbo-batteries open fire as your guns bear."

"Three CRV's coming to join the party, Admiral. I don't think they were invited though."

Crap, what next. "Rojas, what's going on out there, give me a report."

" Ah, Pappy, he can’t, he and Condor are playing with that FRG that just arrived."

"Crandall, good to see you son, now get those X-wings that are bothering me. They are interrupting my lunch."

" Kalidor Squadron is Tally Ho."

"Eagle 6 is Bingo, I have hull damage."

" RTB Eagle-6. Don't take any chances."

"We’re taking hit's on the Top Rear Shields."

"Gamma, here Adm. We will watch your back for you."

"Watcha want a medal--Gamma. I am really glad to see you guys. .Please evict those Y-wings for me. They don't pay rent here."

"Aye Aye, Sir. They are out of here."

"Admiral, Chief Engineer here, we just lost number 2 engine, Number 3 is about to blow also.".

" Take them off line Chief, but keep 1 on-line at all costs, I need maneuvering speed. Sensors, where is the CRS that was attacking us?"

"Four Klicks away and slowly approaching, their fighter cover is to much for us to handle. We estimate at least 40 Alliance ships in the area, and they all want a piece of us."

"Warhead launchers fire-control is on the fritz, it must have been that last set of Torpedoes that hit us, Shields are down to 89%, starboard Turbo-lasers are down and out. Crews are either dead or wounded. Sick-bay is filling up. That Cruiser. is taking a toll on us as well as the Alliance fighters."

" Damn, isn't anything going right. Lt. ORM, I am about to make you a hero. You son are going to do something that has never be done deliberately. Full Speed towards that CRS, and when we get with in 2 Klicks, you will kill our engines, flip this baby on it's axis, point your engines at the Rebel CRS, coast backwards into it and go immediately to full power."

" Sir, is that wise? Has it ever been done before?"

"Carry out your orders Son, if this works, you get a medal if not then I has been nice serving with all of you. If the Rebels don't kill us, then the FC might. This is my ship but he owns it. Pappy to engineering. Chief I want full power on the engines, then you are going to have to SCRAM them then bring them on-line as fast as possible. Lt. you may proceed."

" Engines to full power, steer 183 mark 25 mark 46. Sound the collision alarm, tell our fighters to get out of the way. Sing out when we get in range."

"Pappy, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, you're on a head-on course towards the CRS. No No, you aren't going to do what I thin......., PAPPYYYYYYY............Good Luck. If you survive this I am going to pin a medal on your Butt, right where it hurts the most WITH MY FOOT!!!"

" Can you court-marshall me later GA, we are sort of busy over here, Crandall, Rojas keep those fighters off of us long enough for us to kill ourselves. OK, Lt. NO POWER< flip her on her thrusters, NOW NOW NOW !!!!!, Sound collision alarm continuously now. Brace for Impact, Distance to target. GET THOSE MEN OUT OF THE ENGINEROOM NOW "

" Point 5 Sir," said a nervous and frightened Tech.

" Don't worry son, if you die, you are in very good company. This is the finest ship and crew in the Empire. FIRE ENGINES, FULL POWER. Stand by for Impact."

"Number 1 engine at fullpower, 'BY THE GODS'engine exhaust is going right through her!!!!!! She is turning into toast"

***CRASH***, as the momentum of the Despot caused her to back into the Enemy CRS before the engine could propel her forward.

"REPORT PLEASE, HOW BAD ARE WE HURT????"

" ALL ENGINES ARE OFF-LINE, BUT CAN BE SALVAGED. REAR SHIELDS ARE DOWN TO 9%, DOZENS OF IMPACT INJURIES BUT NO FATALITIES. LIFE SUPPORT VENTING INTO SPACE FROM THE WHOLE AFT SECTION. WE ARE ABOUT 20 METERS SHORTER THAN WE WERE. AND GA RONIN IS YELLING OVER THE COMM. The Avenger. just dropped in and is launching the rest of her squadrons. The fleet is 2 minutes behind. I think we won this battle Sir," giggled a very young but very relieved Battle-Hardened Lt. Orm. "

"All of our fighters are returning , there is no damage to the hanger, so all ships should be able to land safely. All ships accounted for. Two are battle damaged and returned home, several are landing with damage and the TRN's are picking up the 4 pilots who ejected, I can safely report that there will be NO empty places in the WardRoom tonight."

"Fleet Admiral Renegade, when you get your ship or what is left of your ship secured, would you please do me the pleasure of being my guest at dinner tonight--on the Avenger, " asked the FC with a little to much sweetness in his voice.

No doubt that he wants to have me for dinner alright--the main course. Mr. Orm, please take us back to the PLAT Invader on thruster power, have all able hands help the injured and wounded and prepare a damage report so I can present it to the FC, when I see him. My career is over."

"Admiral, a message coming in from the GA to the whole wing."

" Put it on the intercom."

" TO ALL PILOTS AND CREWMEN OF THE IW, A VERY WELL DONE. THE IW HAS MANAGED TO DESTROY 35 STARFIGHTERS, 2 FRG's, A FRT, 6 TRN's, AND 1 CRISPY-CRUNCHY OVER-COOKED REBEL CRS. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU. YOU ARE A CREDIT TO THE EH AND THE EMPIRE. THE EMPEROR WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY PROUD OF YOU. ALL REPAIR FACILITIES OF THE EH ARE YOURS. ANYTHING YOU NEED, JUST ASK--IT'S YOURS,"

" Oh, by-the-way Pappy, what was that you just did. I could hardly believe it. I want you to write a report and I will submit it a new tactic, although a unorthodox one at that. We are going to try to reach it at the Academy---But only as a last ditch effort.

" Sir, I just thought I would call it the "Renegade Twist."

" I am glad you are on our side Pappy, I really am," Ronin out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Squadron's First Mission

Zaarin the Traitor

written by

COM/LG Dark Jedi/Shadow/FRG Ins

Mission made by: "Pappy", ADM Rene (COM-IW/FA Renegade/CRS Desp)

Training was finally over. The elite of the elite had been chosen. Dark Jedi, DanMan, Wolf, Vidol, and Waxer all entered their quarters for a good nights sleep . That's when the alarm echoed through the new and still shiny walls of the Frigate Insidious, the home of the elite, yet mysterious Shadow Squadron. All the members of Shadow scrambled to their personal computer; their leader, Fleet Admiral Pappy "Renegade" Rene 's face appeared on the flat screen. "Shadow squadron report to docking bay 1 with your X-Wing flight suits on.. we have been mobilized!!"

The docking bay gleamed from the light shining on the newly made, TIE Defenders,

Gunboats, and the newly captured X-wings and B-Wings. All 5 pilots formed a small semi-circle around Pappy. " This is a critical mission. The FC himself has ordered us to eliminate the Traitor.. ex-Admiral Zaarin. We will enter the Yavin system approxemly 60 seconds before 6 rebel X-Wings arrive on there way to waypoint 1, a rendezvous with the modified frigate Deception, the ship that Zaarin is on. Our objective is to take out the X-wings, and impersonate as a rebel squadron that has taken their place to fool the frigate. We will then, when they're guard and shields are down, attack the frigate..it is possible that the command officers will leave on a shuttle.. you are to CAPTURE it also.... also keep in mind we will enter the system transmiting rebel id's, we will be Rogue Squadron, the rebel X-Wings, based on Spynet information have been found out to be Red Squadron, so therefore we won't get our members mixed up with the rebel scum. Be on the look-out for friendly Alphabet fighters, the IW is going to jump in and help us."

"DanMan and Wolf.. Flank Dark Jedi, Vidol and Waxer will come with me" Pappy said in a tinny voice over the comm system. "This what we we're trained to do, boys..." I said as 6 X-wings hypered in. We must have taken them by surprise because they broke formation.. but they were not doing evasive maneuvers.. then I realized they must think we're friends..I silently laughed. "Dark Jedi.. you take Red 2, DanMan take Red 3, Wolf take Red 4, Vidol take Red 5 and Dude take 6..I have Red 1!" With a grin I throttled up and quickly tailed Red 2. I linked my missles as I got a steady Missile lock, I fired immediately. After the two missles hit, red 2 it's shields were down immediately, I made easy work of him with linked turboblasers. "RED 2 IS HISTORY!!" I yelled. I turned to my right and saw Pappy shoot Red 1. With a glorious and awe inspiring exlposion.. red 1 was gone. "WAY TO GO PAPPY..2 DOWN 4 TO GO!!!" I yelled. "Pappy.. lets tripple team Red 3 with DanMan.. we can corner him.. is that ok Dan?" I asked. " No problemo" came over the comm system with a tinny version of DanMan's voice. "Roger that" stated Pappy. We soon made Red 3 wish he never learned how to fly. Within minutes all Rebel X-Wings had been destroyed.

We then all went to a half diamond formation with Pappy in the lead. Within seconds the modified frigate Deception hypered in. " This is Rogue 1, Frigate Deception.. Red squadron got called to go to Tatooine. We have scanned the area, there are no hostiles in this sector" Pappy said to the frigate over the comm system. "Rogue squadron this is Admiral Zaarin.. good to see more fighters, we have lost alot of TIEs in the past battles.. we will now lower our shields for docking." I mumbled something in disgust of the traitor, just low enough that they would not hear it. Right when the shields went down.. we all brought laser and shields to maximum and started the attack.

"Nice to see you Vulture and Raven, I wondered when the IW was going to join the party. Please turn that M/FRG into space dust, we will run interference for you--Piece of cake."

Right as the Modified frigate was exploading a tiny outdated Imperial shuttle went as fast as it could to get to hyperspace. "This is what you get for plotting against the Empire!!" Pappy yelled!"

"This is Condor, we will disabe the SHU's. Then this piece of Bantha poo-doo can be given to the GA.

"Hey Pappy.." I said. "Yeah Dark Jedi?" Pappy asked "Drinks are on me when we get back to the Insidious for everyone." Just as I ended the sentance the Frigate Insidious hypered in. "Insidious to Shadow Squadron... I guess we missed the party.. congrats on a successful first mission, The FC will be pleased." With that we landed and headed straight for the pilots lounge.

Please copy the Xwing.int file to your TIE\CP directory or you won't be able to fly this

mission. It allows you to fly an X-wing in the TIE game.

COM\FA "Pappy" Renegade\CRS Despot\IW\EH\MoH

FLEET COMMANDER'S NOTE:

The above Free Mission (pappy-5.tie) is attached to this Newsletter...Please refer to the File Archives Section of this Newsletter for file names...

OPS/RA Anakin/CS-7/SSD Avr

STEAL REBEL JOURNALS

BY BG ANAKIN

"LG Rojas, AD Crandall, come in, sit down," AD Renegade said from his ready room. "I have just been notified by GA Ronin that we have an important task to carry out - we must capture the journals of Rebel officers. Now, the way I see it, the best place to do this, obviously, is where fighter defenses are low."

"First, I have heard from one of our many trustworthy sources, the Rebels have souped up a FRG to the level where 3 with an MC80 could destroy an SSD. All systems on this ship are working, except for the shields. There is a Corrilean Corvette carrying officers expected to rendezvous with the ship soon. We will strike and take the journals. At first, the fighter defense is expected to be extremely skimpy. That is when we gotta get that thing disabled so we can worry about the transport's saftey in capture. The EH is only giving us 20 Stormtroopers for this operation. That's one ship. Protect them."

"Next, men, we strike an MC80. For this one we'll have the help of many transports that the EH has kindly lent us for this important battle. That MC80's got loads o' X-Ws, so it won't be as easy as the first one. This MC80, the Ackbar, is the official carrier of AD Ackbar's journal. This one tells all the Rebel strategies. Very, very, important to GA Ronin and the EH."

"The third strike will be on a convoy of shuttles which are carrying all of the deceased Rebel officer's journals. We just got lucky finding out about this one. There's gonna be a whole lot o' journals stolen in this one; we better get 'em."

"Finally, we must get 1 more journal - Mon Mothmas's. There is a fleet guarding this one; it's the toughest yet. Then the ISD Vanguard will hyper in to take the journals off our hands. Once the Vanguard gets there it will release TIEs to help us in our fight. Once the journals are in the Vanguard, our job is done."

"We'll get the job done as best we can, sir, we promise," the officers replied in unison as they were dismissed from the AD's ready room.

=====================================

Mission 1:

"OK, there's the 'vette. Ohhhhh, how sweet, its called the Leia," called out Pappy over the com." "Vulture, disable that piece o' junk. Condor, while we're at it why don't you get that FRG? That'll save the Hammer loads of fun in time."

"Pappy, watch out -- there's a Y-W on your tail!" cried LG Rojas over the com.

"I see it. Don't worry, the only ones who can get here in time are crap pilots in crap Y-Ws."

"I wouldn't speak too soon, Admiral, the Rebs are full of surprises," said GN Thumper calmly over the com.

"POW!!! There we go, Condor!" cried AD Renegade happily as the FRG burst into flames.

LG Rojas broke in, "It's disabled, here come the Stormtroopers to steal the diaries."

"WOAH!" cried AD Renegade, "you were right, Thumper, theres A-Ws hypering in now!"

The AD was happy to hear, "We have begun the docking operation," over the com. Just after he heard this, he saw some red nick his wing. Luckily, the A-W overshot him and AD Renegade returned the favor by getting on his six and blowing the guts out of that Rebel scum.

Another message from the TRN Diary was spoken over the com. This time Pappy was even happier to hear it, for it was, "We have stolen the Rebel journals!!!"

He broke in saying, "Mission complete, let's SAVE our butts and get out of here before those A-Ws can do some serious killing!"

Mission 2:

"HOLY MASHUGUNA," blared out LG Rojas, "that thing's got too many X-Ws!!!"

"They probably don't even know who we are, but they will soon enough," said AD Renegade with a little chuckle.

"OK. This time we gotta use our resources wisely. Vulture, we need all the help we can get disabling that piece of crap, so you and the Condor disable that POOR EXCUSE for a flagship," ordered LG Rojas.

"Eagle, you cover them and take out the fighter defenses. I'll call the SSD Avenger. They're close enough so if they hyper in some TIE Advanced, they can get here in time to help with the heavy fighter defenses."

"Here come the TRNs," LG Rojas abruptly blurted out the obvious.

The chatter continued, "That MC80 doesn't stand a chance."

"Yeah, especially since its named after that reject Calimari scum, Admiral Ackbar"

"GET HIM OFF ME!!!"

"I got ya!"

"The Ackbar's shields are gone!!! Now lets get those systems down!"

"I'll send for the 'troopers," noted AD Renegade.

"ROJAS, WATCH YOUR TAIL!!!! I'LL GET 'EM OFF YOU!!!"

"The zero-g troopers almost got it!!!"

"We have taken the journals!!!" crackled the TRN over the com.

The pilots let out cheers.

MISSION 3:

"There they are. Coming out of hyperspace now," noted LG Rojas.

"Here's the big load."

"They got all those fighters out ther for some crappy journals?"

"The Rebs aren't THAT dumb. They know an officer's thoughts are of importance to the Empire."

The AD started with the orders, "Vulture, Condor DISABLE that Rebel crap. Eagle, Raven, we're gonna need all the help we can get with those fighters. Just go over there calmly; we don't want to give ourselves away. Not yet, at least."

A few minutes later AD Renegade commends his men by saying, "Men, that was the shortest time I've ever seen someone disable 5 shuttles in. We did a great job!!!!"

MISSION 4:

"WOW, that ship's guarded by many a starfighter!" LG Rojas, once again, points out the obvious.

"Everyone," the AD ordered, "is to get those fighters until I say otherwise. If we take out a good chunk of the Alliance's fleet, GA Ronin will be extremely proud."

During a short time, most of the defense was destroyed and AD Renegade gave the order to disable the FRG. Mon's journal was stolen soon after, and the IW flew home with yet another victory for the Empire under their belt after delivering over 1000 Rebel journals!!! GA Ronin personally commended every pilot in the IW!!!

X-Wing mission 4 to be released soon - missions and plot created by BG Anakin

FLEET COMMANDER'S NOTE:

All of the above missions have been attached to this Newsletter...Members are directed to the File Archives Section for file names...

STOP PIRATE DEAL WITH REBELS

BATTLE FOR THE IW'S SHADOW SQUADRON

BY BG ANAKIN

"LG DarkJedi, please come in, I've been expecting you," said AD Renegade seated comfortably at the conference table in the FRG Insidious. "We have an assignment for your Shadow squadron. Could you send for the squadron?"

"Sure," replied the CMDR of the Shadow squadron. He said over the intercom, "All Shadow squadron members report to conference room B." The pilots straggled in. Of course, BG Anakin kept his reputation of being the last to the briefing.

"Sorry, I was sleeping," was his excuse.

"O.K. Now that we're all here, let's get down to business," the AD said as he started the briefing. "The pirates have loads of Imperial arms left over from the days of the traitors. They are going to trade those along with captured Imperials officers for many, many credits. Our job is to get those arms back and stop the deal from taking place. We also want the leaders of both sides, for they will be there making the deal. This mission is TOP-SECRET; we and the Grand Admiral are the only people in this FLEET who know of this operation and the deal. We have to pull this one off. Before I proceed, do we have any questions?"

"Admiral," broke in BG Wolf, "how heavily defended will the deal be?"

"We do not know, but we figure it will be protected by at least an MC80 and her fighter compliment. [pause] Is that all? [pause] O.K., let's move on."

MISSION 1:

"This one is a recon mission to find the dealing ships. There's about 20 containers out there -- we want to know which of them hold the stolen arms. Those pirates may not like us snooping around, though, so watch out for pirate Y/Ws. Once you ID the containers , get out. That's all we need to do. We'll be using our A/Ws for this one."

"Wait a minute," inturrupted LG Waxer, "what's getting loaded on the FRG for this battle?"

"We're taking only Rebel ships. The X/Ws, A/Ws, and B/Ws. Hopefully the modified versions, pending approval. O.K., now for the next mission."

MISSION 2:

"In this mission, we capture the pirate leader. He's in a FRG dubbed the Nebuchadnezzar (ne - buk' - ka - ne' - zer). We capture him, send him to the SSD Avenger for questioning, then blow the FRG. We also make sure we blow the Y/W defenses so they can't get to the Rebels to warn them. This should be a good one. Half the squadron will be in B/Ws, half will be in X/Ws."

MISSION 3:

"This is probably the hardest mission in this battle. The Insidious will sneak in as the Nebuchadnezzer. We will tell them the pirate leader is badly injured, and our medical bay has been destroyed. We will send a transport over with the "leader" -- a battalion of Stormtroopers the Hammer has lent us -- over to the Rebel MC80 flagship, the Nichol Bolas. There they will capture the leaders and take them to the Avenger. If this goes wrong, and we are detected, that Calimari will spit out fighters like there's no tommorow. Probably will spit out your normal assortment of Rebel starfighters along with the TIEs it has already aquired through the pirates. Also, once the Stormtroopers are aboard, the MC80 will throw everything its got at us, also. Any TIEs you may encounter MUST be DESTROYED. Watch out -- those Rebs may have TIE Advanced. If they have too many, this could get tough. We'll fly X/Ws to cover our TRN."

MISSION 4:

"With the leaders of both sides captured, we must recover all the stolen arms. We will do this by having ???s board the containers and recover the arms. Also, we must board the MC80 to get the remaining TIEs off it. They will throw all the fighter defense they have left at us -- hopefully very little. After you get the TIEs off the MC80, blow the thing. It should be easy. 2 words -- no shields. X/Ws and B/Ws on this one."

"When do we start?" asked LG Vidol.

"I was just getting to that. We commence this operation starting tommorow. That is when those containers will be left alone. LG DarkJedi will give you your assignment. That will be all." Upon leaving, the Shadow squadron saluted their COM in unison, each member perfectly synchronized with the others.

Missions and plot by BG Anakin

FLEET COMMANDER'S NOTE:

All of the above missions have been attached to this Newsletter...Members are directed to the File Archives Section for file names...

FL/GN Shelly/Vulture-3/CRS Desp

This is a free mission for both X-wing and Tie.

For Tie players please put the Xwing.int FILE into your Tie\CP directory, this will allow you to fly the x-wing in TIE, but with a T\I cockpit.

For X-wing players this will copy over your Historical A-wing mission-1.

For Tie players: Your mission will overwrite HB1W.Tie

Make sure you back-up your original missions before you install these.

The mission is simple.

The IW has discovered that a rebel supply depot is just sitting and only guarded by 3 CRV's. The IW will hyper in and destroy the depot, but it is a trap set by the rebels.

Your job is simple, destroy all Containers, the 3 CRV's and all the rebel x-wings that jump in to make life miserable for you, GOOD LUCK

Thanks

MADE By

FL\GN "Shell" Shelly\Vulture-3\IW\EH

FLEET COMMANDER'S NOTE:

The above mission (shelfree.zip) is attached to this Newsletter...Members are directed to the File Archives Section for file names...