OFFICER'S DECK

TO/VA Talon/CS-6/SSD Avr

Third Contest Scores Posted

Well, here you have it. The following scores for T/I Combat Chamber Mission 4 are the result of three weeks of repeat playing for many participants. Participants of this and the previous contests will receive their medal soon. The high scoring pilot, GN Xardio, is commended for excellent flying on a very difficult mission. Congrats to all who joined in!

*1) GN Xardio SSD Avr - 39,419 points

2) GN Vader ISD Chal - 37,860 pts

*3) RA JACtRip - 37,236 pts

4) GN Deathwatch - 37,207 pts

5) GN Khyron ISD Van - 36,535 pts

6) GN DarkJedi22 ISD Col - 34,145

7) GN Marco ISD Chal - 33,078

8) BG Klip SSD Avr - 33,028

9) GN Shidae ISD Chal - 30,583

*10) LG Compton ISD Col - 30,510

11) GN Lee ISD Van - 29,397

12) GN Splatter ISD Van - 28,213

13) GN Levent ISD Chal - 26,650

14) GN ScottAmman ISD Col - 24,333

15) GN Ghost ISD Chal - 23,350

16) GN Jedi ISD Col - 20,806

* - Denotes pilots who are known to have used TIECD. Although this has no effect on Contest number 3, all future contest results will be divided into separate lists, one for TIECD and one for disk TIE.

Here is the list of late submissions:

GN Stryker ISD Chal - 26,306

GN Andreas ISD Van - 24,107

GN Rob ISD Van - 22,076

FLEET COMMANDER'S NOTE:

The above winner, GN Xardio is now eligible for the new EH Contest Medal, the Iron Star, as presented in the Office of the Fleet Commander Section of this Newsletter...

FO/FA Pyr/CS-4/SSD Avr

TO : FLEET

SUBJ : INACTIVE PILOTS

One of the Flight Officer's duties is determining when a member is inactive. This can be anything from a prolonged refusal to answer e-mail, to a "User unknown" message in returned mail.

The easy solution is to simply remove such pilots from the roster, but anyone with a computer knows that sometimes the computer user encounters difficulties through no fault of their own. A member who 'refuses' to answer e-mail might just be having such a problem, and with the way some of us move around online, an e-mail address can be easily misplaced.

To allow for these possibilities, and at the same time respond to the need of commanders to have 'active' pilots, the Flight Office is instituting a new plan.

A roster for the Screening Vessel, VSD Monitor will be reactivated. The only pilots placed on the Monitor will be those who have been determined by the Flight Officer as being inactive in the manners cited above. Should the need arise, an additional VSD could be utilized for this purpose. If a pilot sees his/her name under the VSD Monitor roster, and wishes to be reassigned, that pilot should contact the Flight Officer, and every effort will be made to accommodate.

All CMDRs who have inactive pilots, or anyone needing clarification of this policy should contact the Flight Officer.

Respectfully submitted

FO/FA Pyr.CS-4/SSD Avr

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the url for the FO's Memo to the Fleet page.

http://members.gnn.com/RBKugel/fo-memo.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------

SEC/VA JAC/T-D/CS-9/SSD AVR

It is 35 years after the battle of Endor. The last of the Empire is gone, and the New republic rules with more glory than the Republic of old. A great peace has swept over the galaxy and all weapons of war have been banned or destroyed. The last Imperial fleet, the Emperor's Hammer, was defeated 6 years ago.....

Chapter 1

"That's It! I'm sick of this place!"

"Ahh man! Jac, will you just calm down? You're breaking up." Melan Pyr got up from his small chair. He held his hand out to keep Jac Cotelin at a distance. "Ronin! Come 'ere! Jac's at it again."

"How are we supposed to live like this?!?" Jac was pacing around the fairly large room as he talked. He stoped by a large sealed door. "We've been in This room for six years! SIX YEARS! I know it's fortunate that we are alive, but do you know long It's been since I've seen daylight?!!?" .

"Jac, It has been that long for all of us." Adams said as he put his datapad down. Adams seemed calm as always, and acted as if Jac's tantrum was part of his daily routine......Which it basically was. "We've all been in here that long. There's nothing we can do about it."

Jac started laughing. "Oh there is something we can do....We can blast this door down." He pulled out his blaster and aimed it at the door with a big grin on his face. "Yeah...we'll tear this door down and get out of this damned room."

"Jac, don't." Ronin's voice came from behind the Security Officer. "You know there might not be air pressure out there. If you blast that door down these six years might have been for nothing."

"What if you're wrong, GA?" Jac's tone of voice changed suddenly as if a great sadness had just swept over him. He still faced the door.

"Is that a chance you're willing to take? If it is I....." Ronin was cut off by a series of beeps from an old, dead computer terminal in a corner.

Havok stood and walked over to the terminal where Nemesis was sitting. "What happened, Nemesis?" Nemesis was pressing buttons left and right. The machine hadn't been working since the battle so everyone was trying to figure out what had brought the machine back to life.

"I don't know. All I'm getting is the specs of a small ship. It looks like a sensor reading." Nemesis looked puzzled.

"But the sensors don't work...or do they." Threat said as he crossed the room. "Maybe the sensors were knocked out and they just needed something to 'sense' to come back to life."

"So what....Some ship just flies by us and our sensors come back?" Havok said sarcasticly.

"Maybe some of the other systems came back online too" Anakin said as he followed the other command officers over to take a look.

What Anakin said tripped Jac off again. He took his blaster, which was still in his hand, and shot it straight at the door. Each officer jumped at the loud sound. Smoke rose from the door. When the door was visible again you could see a large hole in it....the size of a human head. "See! I told you I was right! I told you!" Jac started dancing around to music only he could here. He went back to the door and stuck his head through the hole. "He he he he he! I told ya so!" He pulled his head back through. "Are we dead yet GA?" Jac said with a bit of sarcasm. "......There is life support out there!!! There IS!!! We can leave! WE CAN LEAVE!!!!"

The other command officers had been silent untill that moment. Suddenly they all heard Jac's silent music and started dancing around. They cheared and yelled. Each took his turn shaking Jac's hand and putting his head through the hole, but everyone stopped celebrating as the GA came forward. He said one thing....."The empire lives....."

Chapter 2

Even though there were only twelve of them, the Command officers made a considerable amount of noise in the breifing room. They were all sitting at an oval table with the Grand Admiral at the end. To many of them it seemed just like olden days again. The room gradually became silent as the GA began to speak. "Alright.....First things first..... Jac I'm sorry. I never should have doubted you. It is my fault that we stayed in there so long, and I apologize. But what happened in the past will have to be let go of. We have arrived at a new day now, and there is a galaxy out there ripe for the taking. We are free again, but we have much work to do. First of all the ship. I did a little systems check on the Avenger, and as it seems we will be able to use decks 240 through 298. That is all I know about the ship's condition. Moldman, I want you to run a full diagnostic of the ship. Give me a list of every usable item and deck. Havok, get me any flight recording of the Phare battle. I want to see what happened when we left. Adams, find me as much information you can about the present day. I want to know what happened to the empire, and the Rebellion. Talon, go look at the operational docking bays. Get an inventory of our fighters. Threat, get our communications up and running. The rest of you, I know this ship has survivors on it. They probably lasted the same way we did. Go find them. Check the Cantina first. I think that room has it's own life support system. I think that's it then. Let's go to work. Dismissed." Each officer held up his hand in salute and went off on his own way. The GA sat back down and gave off a big sigh. "This time....we will not be defeated."

"So Jac, you glad to be out?" Doomsday said as he walked besides the SEC.

"Am I ever! If I ever see the room again I'll kill myself!" They both laughed as they walked down to the Cantina. "So do you think we'll really find someone in the Cantina Doomsday?"

"I don't know. We might, but if we don't I wouldn't be too disappointed. After all, almost all of our fighters were in the battle when the Avenger was destroyed." They came to a halt in front of another large door. Jac pressed the button that would normally open the door, but it didn't work.

"Huh....And I thought the things on the Avenger didn't work too well when it was in one piece." Jac pulled his blaster out again and shot the door a couple of times. The hole was big enough so they walked in. As the smoke started to rise a blaster came out of no where and pointed itself at Doomsdays head.

"Who are you!" the voice was coming from the blaster's owner. "Who are you!!!"

Jac stepped out of the smoke and came face to face with an old friend. "KLIP!!!!" Jac got a huge smile on his face.

"Jac? Doomsday?!! HEY HEY HEY!!!!" Klip had that same smile on his face. "I don't know what to say....How have you guys been...WHERE have you guys been?"

"It's a long story Klip....Jac'll tell ya later." Doomsday was looking around. "Are you the only one here?"

"Oh yeah.....I almost forgot....GUYS!!! YOU CAN COME OUT NOW" People started appearing from behind tables, chairs, and bars. Jac knew each one...

"Chris! Compton! Sabre! You're all alive!" Jac looked at each of the pilots. "Wow....Well no time for a reunion now...Lets go take you to the GA....." They all left the cantina and headed back up to the GA's room.

TIEs flew left and right. The Rebels' cruisers fired upon one ship at a time destroying it and moving to the next. Alphabet fighters made the nightime look like day as they exploded. The SSD Avenger was in the middle of the battle firing upon a CRS. The battle was in the favor of the Imperials for the moment......A large crackling sound filled space and a great light swept over everything. The Avenger, once a symbol of Imperial power, lay in two pieces. The back half drifted off as the front exploded. This explosion was followed by four more each from a different ship. The ISD Colossus, Vanguard, Challenge, and Relentless were nothing but ashes. TIEs seemed to panick and scramble at the sight of destruction. Most all of the fighters hyped out and the rest died seeking revenge on their comrades.....

::Click:: GA Ronin flicked the switch that turned the flight recording off. He felt sick to his stomach. "We were utterly destroyed..." He sighed and picked up a Datapad. As he read he began to smile again.

NR-29 Battle of Phare occurs. Emperor's Hammer Defeated. End of the Empire

NR-31 The last self-governed system joins the New Republic.

NR-33 New Republic outlaws all war machines.

NR-34 Last weapon destroyed. Begining of the Great Peace.

"Well Adams, I wanted a little more data than this but it'll do." The GA said to himself. He hit a button on his desk.

"Yes sir?"

"Ahhh, Lucas. Call a briefing for ALL men. We have some things to discuss."

Chapter 3

"I heard someone say before 'To ignore history is destined to repeat it'. Well the Rebels have ignored history, and now they have repeated it. When Alderaan was destroyed by the first DeathStar it hadn't had a chance to bring up arms. Why? Because the idiots banned all weapons. The New Republic has done the same, and we are going to take advantage of it." The men were sitting at that same oval table again, and the GA was walking around them as he spoke.

"But how sir?" One of the younger survivors asked. "The Avenger is in ruins."

"Ahhh yes...So we are." The room was silent for a long moment.

"GA...." Pyr was the first to speak. "What about the old Avenger?"

"The SSD? No... We scrapped it" The GA replied.

"Wait!" Adams stood up. "I know a lot of you haven't been with us long enough to remember, but what about the ISD Avenger and her Frigates?"

"Adams! Great idea! The Frigates were transfered to the IW, but the Avenger should still work."

"What's an ISD?" Another young pilot asked.

"Imperial Class Star Destroyer." Anakin explained. "Came right before the SSD line. Luckily all of the ISDs can be run with a crew of 5,000 or so. Where did we move it to anyway?"

"Aurora....."

"Dangit Bill get in here!" Dan said as he walked out of his workshop. "We gotta finish this experiment! Argh. You can dream about your glory days later."

"Dan it ain't like that this time! Something is coming our way.....a ship"

"What are you talking about?" Dan walked up beside his partner. "Dang you're right!"

"Maybe it's that power coupling I ordered 2 years ago."

"Maybe not....look....I haven't seen one of those in at least 5 years." The men were astonished when a Lambda class shuttle landed before them.

"I don't like this" Bill looked worried.

"What's there to worry about??? It's only me!"

"Nemesis? Nemesis!!! What...how...when...how ya been man?" Dan said exitedly.

"Fine fine. What's a matter with him?" Nemesis pointed to Bill. "He looks like he just saw a ghost."

"I did...You're supposed to be dead...You died six years ago...." Bill said is a stony voice.

"Well Bill....I came back to life just for you! And Dan of course."

"So what brings you here....and why now?"

"Well we just broke out of out 'six year home' and we need your assistance. We're a liitle short on fighters..."

"It's nice to be commanding a ship again" Ronin said with a smile on his face.

"It's nice to be ON a ship again." Bill said.

"Bill, I've been meaning to ask you....What happened to the rest of the Hammer?"

"Well once Phare occurred, everyone retreated to here....Aurora. We stayed for a while, mourning, healing ya know stuff like that. Somehow the Rebs found us off guard. We were demolished again...I think the Renegade got away, but it was basicaly crippled. Dan and I went down to the planet and started that becon you guys caught...and here we are."

"Another thing....how was the Avenger destroyed...Do you know?"

"Yeah I know...That's how the Skywalkers and Solos died...they used the 'powers of the light side to destroy you."

"You mean the destruction of the Avenger caused the death of the Emperor's murderer?"

"Yup!"

"Hmmm. Bill what do you think we should do? Should we take a few systems at a time or should we go strait for Coruscant?"

"I say go for the seat!"

The GA straightened his posture. "Then there's the decision. TO CORUSCANT!!!"

FLEET COMANDER'S NOTE:

The above is obviously a work of fiction since I would hope the above EH Comand Officers and Dark Jedi would have the intelligence not be to be stuck anywhere for six years...espeically the FC...:) However, a lot of hard work went into this work, so I have placed it in this NL for all Members' enjoyment...

OPS/RA Anakin/CS-7/SSD Avr

EH ID Line Additions

I have seen many variations on the tail end of the EH ID Lines; therefore, I have created a uniform way to show three things: FCHG position, Merit & Service medals earned, and Dark Brotherhood standing. Please note these additions are official as per GA Ronin, the Fleet Commander.

Example ID line:

TAC/FA Somebody/CS-3/SSD Avr, Drag (ret.), IC/GOE/BS/BS/MoT-gh- gh/MoT-rh, DJK (Sith)/C1C/MAA

Breakdown:

As you may have noticed, the actual ID line and the three tail sections are separated by commas. Each section in itself is separated by solidi (slashes). The only use of brackets of any kind are permitted in the FCHG and DB sections.

FCHG Section

The FCHG section is the least complex of the three tail sections. First, place the abbreviation of your FCHG rank (list of abbreviations below). Next, if you are retired, place "(ret.)" (a "ret." in parenthesis). That is all there is to the first tail section.

FCHG Abbreviations

Grenadier (Gren)

Lancer (Lan)

Hussar (Hus)

Fusilier (Fus)

Dragoon (Drag)

Cavalier (Cav)

Medal Section

The medal section is the most complex of the three tail sections. The only medals allowed in the medal section, as noted in the OPS Manual, are Merit and Service medals. Medals are placed from highest (Medal of Honor) to lowest (Instructor's Medal). If you have earned a meal twice, for example, two Bronze Stars, list it twice, do not just put a "(2)" or something of that sort next to it! The same applies to crosses and hammers, list them twice (MoT-gh-gh not MoT-2gh)!

Medal order (highest to lowest) and Abbreviations

Medal of Honor (MoH)

Imperial Cross (IC)

Grand Order of the Emperor (GOE)

Siver Star (SS)

Bronze Star (BS)

Palpatine Crescent (PC)

Imperial Security Medal (ISM)

Medal of Tactics with a Red Hammer (MoT-rh)

Medal of Tactics with Green Hammers (MoT-gh) [the more -ghs the medal has,

the higher it is placed]

Medal of Tactics (MoT)

Instructor's Medal with Gold Cross (MoI-gc)

Instructor's Medal with Blue Crosses (MoT-bc) [the more -bcs the medal has, the

higher it is placed]

Instructor's Medal (MoI)

Dark Brotherhood Section

The Dark Brotherhood section includes rank, order, envoy order , and council position. The rank comes first followed by the order in parenthesis (e.g. "GRD (Sith)"). Next is the envoy order. After this comes the Dark Council position. Abreviations for each are listed below.

DB Rank Abbreviations

Grand Master (GM)

Master (MSTR)

Dark Side Adept (DA)

Krath Priest (KP)

Sith Warrior (SW)

Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Jedi Hunter (HNTR)

Guardian (GRD)

Protector (PRO)

Acolyte (AC)

Novice (NOV)

Apprentice (APP)

Envoy of the Grand Master Order Abbreviations

Knight Commander of the Brotherhood (KCB)

Knight First-Class (K1C)

Knight Second-Class (K2C)

Companion First-Class (C1C)

Companion Second-Class (C2C)

Envoy (ENV)

Dark Council Abbreviations

Grand Master (GM)

Deputy Grand Master (DGM)

Head Master (HM)

Herald (HRLD)

Master at Arms (MAA)

Cancellor (CHAN)

I hope these ID lines will help keep the EH uniform and in sync.

Yours in service to the Empire,

Rear Admiral Q. Anakin

OPS/RA Anakin/CS-7/SSD Avr, PC/ISM/MoT-rh/MoT, GRD (Sith)

COM-ROA/RA Brett/ISD Chal

Spies

Wing Commander, Lieutenant General, Adept Crona was going by his duties as normal on the ISD Challenge when suddenly he felt a tremor in the force. The presence of a light jedi...

Commodore, Rear Admiral Brett, Dark Jedi Knight Dark Sektor was on the bridge of the ISD Challenge. Suddenly there was a great tremor in the force. He heard a thought in his head... 'Did you feel that too, sir?'

It was Patrick Crona. His Wing Commander. 'Yes I did. Two parties of rebels it seems. And one is a...a...'

Crona, who was more experienced in the force replied 'A light Jedi, sir.'

Brett concentrated. Crona was right, of course. It was...And old enemy. One of those that had killed his family...Alex Orgman. Crona read Brett's thoughts instantly.

'Sir...I understand your anger. But you can't take him on yourself!'

Brett replied instantly, 'But I must. I have a score to settle. You are not to interfere understood? You take care of the other party of Rebels in the South Corridor. I'll take care of Orgman in the North Corridor. Understood?'

'Yes, sir. As you wish.' Crona replied.

Brett entered the elevator, and punched in the number for the 2nd floor. What was Orgman and his band of rebel spies doing here and how did they get into the TIE corps without being noticed? They never would have been unless Orgman had now used the force for some urgent reason. Not to matter he would find out soon enough. He left the elevator with only one thought on his mind....Kill Orgman.

Alex Orgman was now placing the last tracking devices aboard the ship. He knew it was dangerous using the force since Brett was a Dark Jedi and could obviously sense his presence. But it was the only way to hide the tracking device in a secure place. There..It was done. They would never find it there....

Brett turned the corner, ignited his lightsaber and the battle between him and Orgman began...

Crona exited the elevator. This should be easy he thought. He hid behind the corner so he could not be seen... He saw the rebels unloading what looked to be a tracking device from boxes and planting them. It look liked they had just planted the last one. Then Crona turned the corner and shouted, "HALT!"

The Rebels instantly withdrew their blasters. Crona ignited his lightsaber and deflected their shots. He the threw the lightsaber in a complete circle. It killed everything in it's path. All the Rebels were dead. He caught the lightsaber and turned it off. Now to help Brett....

Their lightsabers clashed again. Brett slashed at his opponent. Orgman blocked. "Come on old man. You can do better than that", shouted Orgman. Brett stretched out with the force and found Orgman's weakness. Using the force Brett pulled Orgman's lightsaber out of his hand. Then slashed him repeatedly with his lightsaber. It was over. Brett had won....

Adept Crona turned the corner just in time to see Brett win the battle. Brett turned around to see him. Brett, Dark Jedi Knight Dark Sektor knelt at his masters feet. Adept Crona said, "I knew you could do it Jedi Knight Dark Sektor..."

"Thank you, my lord" said Dark Sektor.

"You may rise Dark Jedi", said Adept Crona.

Then as if changing personalities from Dark Jedis Crona said" We have a matter of pressing urgency, sir..."

Yes, I know, Crona....How those spies got aboard our ship and where they hid those tracking devices...."

To Be Continued...

Respectfully Submitted:

Rear Admiral Brett, Dark Jedi Knight Dark Sektor

COM-ROA/RA Brett/ISD Chall [SS] [MoT-gh]

Dark Jedi Knight Dark Sektor Sith Order