AVENGER CONCOURSE BULLETIN BOARD

FA Havok has a son...!!!

Subj: Addition to the Fleet!!!!!!!!!

Date: 96-04-12 23:10:09 EDT

The Rebellion is doomed!!!!!!!! Shock waves rippled through the Force

because at 12:04 PM DST, on 4/12/96, Matthew - (a.k.a. Havok Jr.) was born.

8lb. 4.4 oz. Mother and child are doing fine after only ~12 hours of labor. Not bad for a

first child.

The father needs a drink though!!!! Pappy, warm up the taps and break all

of the bottle seals! I'm buying!

If someone could write something up for the NL, I'd appreciate it.

TAC/FA Kreeayt Havok/CS-3/SSSD Sov, Drag. (ret.),

MoH/GoE/SS/SS/MoT/MoI-gc

Deputy Grand Master [DGM] "Sith Master"

...Father extrordanaire, if I do say so myself...:)

CA:TAC/VA Compton/SSSD Sov

Havok, Jr.

Fleet Admiral Havok was, for the first time in his career, shaking like a leaf.

"Compton, what do you think you're DOING?!?"

Newly-promoted Vice Admiral Compton swung the two-seated ship around and fired at a Rebel X-Wing.

"I'm TRYING to get you to your wife in one piece, hopefully in time to see your kid born! Now shut up... sir!" Compton grinned, and not just because he had reason to yell at his superior (which he had ALWAYS loved getting away with), but because the X-Wing he was working on finally went up in a cloud of dust.

And to think, it all started as a routine flight.

Havok's wife was due to give birth to their first child on Friday. Since the Imperial Navy does not allow families onboard ships (not even for the ranking officers), Havok had to be flown back to his home planet to watch his child be born. This was a good thing in any case, since he hadn't been back to visit the homestead in about four months, and he was REALLY beginning to annoy the other Command Officers with his constant talk of how much he missed his wife. Since it's customary for Command Officers to have someone pilot them on such a flight, Compton volunteered. Even though Havok was the original Top Ace of the Emperor's Hammer, Compton thought that Havok might be a little preoccupied with the impending birth. And besides, the Sovereign had just been activated, and neither officer was too eager to be caught in the rush to get aboard her. The pilots were taking their time leaving when a message came over the holonet: Havok's wife had entered labor.

So they quickly borrowed a TIE Phantom (since Compton insisted on having a fighter that had two seats) from the Avenger, and set out for what should have been a relatively short trip through hyperspace. As soon as he flipped on the cloaking device and activated the auto-pilot, Compton reached into his flight bag and pulled out a bottle of exotic booze, stating that Havok looked like he could use it.

Sure enough, he could. Havok was feeling a little guilty that he wasn't there to share in his wife's pain. And he was more than afraid that he'd miss the birth altogether. Compton plotted a course that would take them out of hyperspace VERY close to the planet itself. Although Havok objected to it, Compton threw him a sly grin, and told him to trust in the Dark Side. They had gotten most of the way through the bottle before the ship popped out of hyperspace twenty minutes from the planet.

They landed, the child was born, Rebels raided the hospital. Havok was shot in the leg. Suddenly Havok, Jr. rose from his mother's arms holding a heavy blaster and shot all of the Rebels. Then Compton woke up.

Compton left it on auto-pilot and kicked his legs up onto the console. Havok, a little more relaxed, told Compton that he shouldn't fly like that. Compton laughed.

And then spit out a mouthful of booze as a Rebel heavy-scouting patrol (3 Xs, 2 As) popped out of hyperspace 2 klicks to the Phantom's starboard. Jerking his legs back, Compton finished his drink in one gulp, and placed his hands near the controls.

"They're moving into attack formation" Havok said.

"No they're not, boss. We're cloaked."

"Yes, they are, Jahn. Get us down. QUICK."

"We're cloaked."

An X-Wing opened fire on them.

The Phantom bounced from the hit. Jerking the Phantom around, Compton swore at himself.

"I must have switched off the @#$%ing cloaking device when I kicked my feet down!" Compton swung the ship around, and targeted an X-Wing.

"Turn it back on!"

"I tried already. The idiot must have hit the cloaking device on his first shot."

"Nice shooting."

"Not really," said Compton through clenched teeth. "This sort of thing ALWAYS happens to me." He spun the ship around, trying to pick a target.

And this is where you came in.

The X-Wing blew, and Compton sailed straight through the center of its fireball, throwing off the aim of an A-Wing who had just locked onto the Protector. Finishing his drink, Havok took a deep breath, exhaled, and transferred control of the ship to his station.

"What are you DOING?!?" Compton yelled as he jerked at the now-useless flight stick.

"I've been doing this longer than you, son." Havok was suddenly calm. "Sit back and have another drink."

With the count now at two Xs and two As, Havok targeted the nearest fighter, an A-Wing. Keeping the ship behind it, then locking onto it with the beam weapon, Havok made short work of it with a couple of advanced concussion missiles. Unfortunately, the time it took to get a lock allowed the X to light up the rear of his ship.

Havok was pissed. "These bastards are NOT keeping me from the birth of my child!" Balancing his shields, Havok locked onto another X-Wing, making quick passes at it and firing with his lasers on single fire. He didn't miss once, and the Rebel was soon a small part of the afterlife. Compton, who had somehow manged not to spill his drink, stared with his jaw hanging low.

With the count down to one-and-one and the remaining X close behind, Havok tucked into a tight spin, rolled out of it, then nailed the enemy fighter with a couple missiles at point blank range. After that, the last A-Wing tried to flee, but didn't quite make it anywhere. Havok was just that good.

After that, Havok transferred control back to Compton, and started worrying again.

Compton landed the ship on the hospital roof (in spite of what air traffic control said), and before the hatch had finished lowering, Havok leaped to the ground and was running for the lift. Compton followed soon after, and managed to find the room where Havok had joined his wife. Of course, they made Compton wait in the lounge. He was just finding out that Havok hadn't missed his child entering the world when he heard a small cry. Pushing his way through a crowd of hospital staff who tried to stop him, Compton poked his head into the door of the birthing room. Havok was beaming, holding his son.

Compton just smiled, walked back to the lobby, and pulled out a cigar.

Dark Hall

An assembly was called to order for the newly accepted apprentices and other Dark Brotherhood announcements. The bretheren slowly filed into Dark Hall and took their seats. When the entire assemblage were seated the Dark Council made their way in, minus the Deputy Grand Master.

"The Deputy Grand Master is away on personal business." the Master at Arms stated.

"I shall open with the minutes of the last....................."

All were silent. Shock waves thundered though the Force. All lower ranking members winced in pain. The Dark Council looked at each other and then at the empty seat where Master Kreeayt Havok would be normally . Then all turned to watch Grand Master Paladin arise from his seat and slowly make his way to the front of the rest of the Dark Council.

Standing with the Dark Council behind him, he spoke to the entire assemblage.

"It is done. We have a new and poweful member to the Bretheren this day."

"Who among you are willing to help protect this child until such time that it can protect itself?"

One by one, the Dark Council rose to their feet followed by the rest of the assemblage in unison.

AOL MEMBERS CAN NOW GOTO WWW IRC!!!

HI/FA Stelek/SSSD Sov (Retired)

Subj: How to do IRC from AOL

From: CJ Nyte (Service Rep on AOL, edited and additions by Stelek.)

Additions are indicated by brackets.

Note: This program requires WAOL 2.5 Final and the AOL Winsock to be properly

installed and operational. Do not proceed further until you have done this.

[Stelek: To get WAOL 2.5, please go to KEYWORD upgrade on AOL. To get the AOL Winsock, please go to KEYWORD "Internet Connection", scroll down the menu at the right until you see "IC Download Libraries", open that folder. You will then see a list of categories. Select "Winsock Apps", and once the files available for download are listed, select "Winsock for AOL". Then you will have all of the parts available for you to IRC from AOL.]

Many people have been asking how to use IRC. This document will detail how to install and configure mIRC v4.0, a freeware IRC winsocket, with the AOL Winsock. This is not a complete tutorial on mIRC, simply a starting point. Please refer to the mIRC documentation for any advanced features you may wish to implement after you are up and running.

This procedure was tested using a 'nothing special' pc clone, connected by AOLnet dialup using the AOL Winsock and the release version of WAOL 2.5 Final. This procedure was also tested under an authorized copy of the June Preview version of Windows 95.

[Stelek: I myself do not use, nor support Windows 95, so please do NOT ask me "how to". However, I DO use OS/2, and have tested this under it. Works fine, need help on this via OS/2, then you may ask me. Thank you for your consideration.]

To start mIRC, create a directory for it (ex: C:\AOL25\MIRC\) then download the latest version from the mIRC link off Strouds List (From keyword WINSOCK) or from the Internet Connection Net Clients library at keyword INTERNET.

[Stelek: I suggest you do NOT install into anywhere but the default mirc directory given at boot-up time. Problems with AOL frequently occur, and if you are asked to delete your WAOL directory, you will take out mirc with it! ]

Unzip this file in your MIRC directory. Once done unzipping, COPY (do not MOVE) the file MIRC.INI to your WINDOWS directory.

Now, create a ICON for mIRC.

[Stelek: You will not need to do this, as the setup program does this automatically. Win95 users, you may wish to do things manually, as I've been told auto-setup programs are annoying. ]

Win 3.1 - Open the program group you wish to put the ICON in. (ex: AOL) Using the Windows Program Manager, click on FILE, then NEW. Select New Program Item. Description: mIRC v3.42. Command Line: Enter the path and name of the exe file (ex: C:\AOL25\MIRC\MIRC.EXE) then click OK. An Icon should now appear.

Win95 - Right click on the TASKBAR. Select PROPERTIES. Click on the Folder

TAB that says START MENU PROGRAMS. Now click on ADVANCED. This will bring up your Start Program catagories. From here, click on PROGRAMS, then the group you want to add mIRC to (ex: AOL). Once all the programs in the AOL group are showing, click on FILE then NEW. Select SHORTCUT from the choices and it will ask you for a Command Line: Enter the Path and file name (ex: C:\AOL25\MIRC\MIRC.EXE) and then click NEXT. Discription: mIRC v3.42 now click FINISH. Your new ICON should appear.

When you have your ICON all set up log on to America Online normally and, after you have connected, MINIMIZE AOL, double click your new mIRC icon to start the program.

[Stelek: Do NOT minimize AOL BEFORE you run mIRC. Just "alt + tab" to the desktop, and run mIRC. Once it connects (this can take a LONG time, please be patient) then you can minimize AOL all you want. However, please do not enter the free area...you WILL be booted off of the IRC server sooner or later! ]

After it has come up you will have to follow the procedure below to get it configured and ready to work. Please follow it carefully.

Note: mIRC has excellent help menuing available by pressing F1.

NOTE! SERVERS CAN AND WILL LOCK YOU OUT IF YOU VIOLATE THEIR RULES! ONE OF THESE RULES IS THAT YOU USE REAL INFORMATION! PLEASE REMEMBER TOS :)

[Stelek: Don't worry about TOS on the Internet...thats AOL xxxxxx, not the real world. However, if you go on a channel and mouth off, they'll just kick you off it and ban you if you persist. i.e. You will be banned from a chatroom. If, however, you DO decide to keep it up, you will eventually be banned (k-lined) from the Undernet, and be unable to attend meetings. ]

^^^^^YOU MUST PERFORM THE BELOW!^^^^^^^

First, click FILE then SETUP.

This is the information setup screen. You will see the following boxes, please follow the instructions properly.

*Real Name*: Your SCREEN NAME or REAL NAME. If your AOL screen name you are

CURRENTLY using is LIONTAMER then that is what you put there. (If a server

administrator finds this is not your real ID they will ban you from the SERVER)

*EMail*: Your eMAIL Address. <SCREENNAME>@aol.com. (replacing it with your

screen name, of course) (If a server administrator finds this is not your real eMAIL address they will ban you from the SERVER)

*Nick name*: A nickname! Any nickname, how do you want to be recognized on the

IRC? Keep in mind that on a typical night there are 2-3 thousand channels open and 5-10 thousand people online! So, while you might usually use a nickname, someone else may also use that name, you don't and can't own it.

*Alternate*: Alternate nickname! If the first one is in use when you log in, then it will automatically use this alternate. If the alternate is also in use, the mIRC program will pop up with /nick _ and wait for you to enter a new alternative nickname.

^^^^^YOU MUST PERFORM THE ABOVE!^^^^^^

Click on ADD.

Description: Put anything you want here. Something descriptive. ;)

*IRC Server*: Enter the SERVER that you want to connect to the IRC through. You

can enter IRC through numerous IRC Servers or UnderNet IRC Servers, but for the best chance of getting in, please use AOL's server. It's address is: irc01.irc.aol.com

[Stelek: Don't let this guy fool you...AOL is banned everywhere. You MUST use AOL's undernet server, or you will NEVER connect! ]

Once there, READ the MOTD! (Message of the Day!) then Join a channel and start talking! We recommend starting with these two great channels...

/join #newbies

/join #AOL [Stelek: HA! AOL users are BANNED from this channel! LOL]

REMEMBER: AOL MUST be left running in the background. AOL Can be minimized

or left open, it doesn't matter.

From now on when you startup mIRC, all you have to do is select FILE then CONNECT and you will connect to the IRC!

[Stelek: If you READ this text file, you will know that almost everything except your Name, EMail address, and Nicks have been done for you! ]

Good luck!

Stelek