TACTICAL BRIEFING

-New with this NL. You want automatic? Well here it is!
I have designed batch files, (NL31.bat)* for TIE Disk and (NL31CD.bat)* for TIE CD, that
automatically copy, move, and rename the missions attached to this NL to the appropriate
subdirectories in your C:\TIE(or TIECD)\MISSION subdirectory. Just double click on the
appropriate batch file for your version of TIE.. No moving or renaming is needed.
I have also edited Hammer.bat* for both versions. It is recommended, but not mandatory,
that you run Hammer.bat (for disk) or Hammercd.bat (for cd, duh!) before you run either of the
installers. Remember to place Hammer.bat in your C:TIE before you run it. Hammercd.bat
goes in C:\TIECD.

*All precautions have been programed in but the author(s) assumes no responsibilities....

-THE RUN DOWN. Battle 39 and 41 are the only battles submitted with this NL that utilize a
modified fighters. The flight.ovl and strings.dat are in each zipfile. Read Battle 39 and 41's
plotline for instructions. Sorry, CD users.........

-MISSION COMPENDIUM. A new one is just about ready for upload. A totally new
format. I have made an automatic mission installer for both TIE disk and CD ROM versions.
Just "Point, click, and ship." It does it all for you.

-MISSION DESIGNERS! Before you make your own battle, how about picking one of the
incomplete Hammer battles and design missions for it's plotline? You will still get credit for it
and you may exercise a little latitude if you wish to edit the approved plotline as long as you
stick to the original story.

-Note to Tie CD players. Disable in flight speech when you play the edited missions or you
will hear the speech from the original TIE missions.
I have also been getting messages from members that have trouble flying the EH missions if
they chose "Minimum Install". Try "Recommended Install".

-GAME LOCK-UPS! If you run into a lock-up during a briefing, try the mission in the
Combat Chamber. Some missions submitted to the Tactical Office do NOT have edited
briefings. Also, you may have a briefing but not a map. Just skip the briefing room map option.

If a mission locks after a new ship or group of ships enter, you're just not killing them fast
enough......the TIE game engine only allows ~30 active ships at once.

If you get the "Error to read CD" error when trying to play EH missions, chose "FAIL".